Version 7 and above
Go to Index
Go to Chart
Go to Version 1 through 4.5
Go to Version 5.0 through 6.5.2
Go to GnuPG information
On Friday, September 8, 2000, PGP, Inc. announced the release of PGP Desktop
Security 7.0. Read the announcement here.
- Many tools to support PGP in businesses, such as the ability to easily configure
PGP for users. Improved multi-user support on Windows NT/2000 systems.
- Personal Firewall/Personal Intrusion Detection System/Virtual Private
- New RSA key format that provides support for the Additional Decryption Key (ADK)
feature. (Renames old RSA keys to "RSA Legacy" key format.)
- Key reconsruction--recover from lost passphrases by answering five questions
only you know.
- Several enhancements regarding X.509 certificates.
- Improved keyring handling.
- Collects random data from mouse movements and keystrokes all the time for better
- Twofish support.
- Encryption for ICQ, Lotus Notes 4.5.x-5.x and rich text in Outlook.
- Several PGPdisk enhancements.
PGP Desktop Security 7.0.1-7.0.3
These are bugfix releases with minor improvements.
PGP Command Line 7.0.1
This is a command line version of PGP for several operating systems:
- PGP Command Line for HPUX v7.0.1
- PGP Command Line for Red Hat Linux v7.0.1
- PGP Command Line for AIX v7.0.1
- PGP Command Line for Linux v7.0.1
- PGP Command Line for Solaris v7.0.1
- PGP Command Line for Solaris (Package) v7.0.1
- PGP Command Line for Windows NT v7.0.1
On Friday, February 2, 2001, PGP Security announced the release of PGPfreeware 7.0.3
for Windows and MacOS. Download it from
here. Like previous
PGPfreeware versions, it includes most of the enhancements of Desktop Security but
does not include PGPdisk. For full details and system requirements, see
Go to Index Go to Chart
On Monday, June 25, 2001, PGP, Inc. announced the release of PGP Corporate Desktop 7.1.
Read the announcement. This version replaces the Desktop
Security version. A short summary of the improvements:
- Improved firewall capabilities.
- Improved VPN capabilities.
- Support for file sizes larger than 2.5 gigabytes.
PGP, Inc. has released PGP 8.0, after acquiring the PGP-related assets from
NAI, Inc. See the release
announcement on their web site.
PGP 8.0 includes Windows and Mac versions, with four licensing schemes:
Go to Index Go to Chart
- PGP Freeware
- PGP Personal
- PGP Desktop
- PGP Enterprise
Written by RJ Marquette on 12/10/97. Version 2.1.4 4/21/2001.
Copyright © 2000 RJ Marquette.